Wednesday 9 May 2018

Book Review: Zom-B: Fugitive by Darren Shan

Walking Tour of London, anyone?

WHERE DO YOU TURN WHEN ALL IS LOST?

HOW CAN YOU BUILD A FRESH FUTURE ON THE SANDS OF A TWISTED PATH?

WHAT IF EVERYTHING YOU KNEW WAS A LIE?

B SMITH IS ON THE RUN...

This is the 11th and penultimate book in the series and I have reviewed most of the previous books. Nothing feels like it happening in this book. It's a very slow walk.

There's a lot referencing previous novels, building up sudden emotion for nothing and while adding to the general plot. It's very so what for me. Obviously, I am older than the target audience. 12 year old me was reading crime thrillers and religion allegories with aliens so I don't she think would have been that impressed either. If we go younger it has no novels, only horror films and other masterpieces of film. Also junk. What's my point? Yes, plot stuff.

The thing about B is that her character is so moldable that she doesn't feel like a real person anymore. Her emotions have been came so plot related and she is so easily brain washed. It's happened three times now. Should she be so trustworthy after her father's lies? and I just don't like cult B. In general she is dislikable but they use to be a nugget. Over 11 books, the only developed we've got is she definitely not a racist anymore.

The Holocaust is brought up and it just seems so out of nowhere. It's a flashback and it feels like she should have already been brought up. Very life lesson.

The actual ending, it just play for emotion that it just makes me go what. More and more this series is 12 books because that was the agreed amount more than the story calls for it. I would be very so what, if I didn't have the next book to read. Not sure I would have brought it. Probably library pick up.

Overall, I give this book 2.5 stars for Old files. I hold Zom-B: Goddess in my hands and think this is going to be satisfying. The last two books felt like they were going somewhere. This book feels like a stall at the finish line. I've read a eleven books so of course I will be back with the final books and a  full series review.

No comments:

Post a Comment