Wednesday 7 February 2018

Book Review: Zom-B: Bride by Darren Shan

Marriage is not how to solve politician issues. Anymore.


Does True Love lurk in the Darkest of Places?

Could a psychotic stalker be the man of your dreams?

Can a Killer win your heart?

Here comes the Bride...

This is the 10th in the Zom-B series (which I have review the majority of the series: Zom-B, Undergound, City, Angels, Baby, Mission, Clans, Circus, and Family). This one was odd. Odder and creepier than the other books in the series.

B is 13 years old physically and a fully grown man/clown is telling her he loves her. This isn't a spoiler with what this book is called. It stated several times that it not romantic, but it still creepy. Creeper than the babies.

There's a lot of gore for gore sake. Limbs everywhere and other dumb decorating choices.

We get more answers in this book, but B also ran away from answers. 
The Plot is clearly gearing up for Climax of the series. It's definitely going somewhere.

B's personality is her weird, soft, cult side. Not sure where her head is.

Overall, I give you this book 3.5/5 stars for blood baths. I feel my opinion might change on this book with what happens with the last two in the series so might update this rating or address that in my future reviews.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking to the British Books Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it helps settle your nerves, B's older than 13. While I almost never give the age of characters in my books, B was 15/16 in book 1, and a year or two older by the time of book 10. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nerves? Nope. Does not change my opinion if that is true, 17 year marrying someone whose like 100 years old is still a child bride. I guessed 13 due to her behaviour and actions through out the series, the way she has no defined believes. I also said 13 because a girl can be fully grown at 13 anyway. The whole thing would creepy or whatever since he's been obsessed with her since she was a baby.

      I have issues with it as plot plot anyway; no matter the age of the female protagonist. This a horror series, it the way it's treated that odd choice.

      Delete