Saturday 30 December 2017

2017 Goals in Review

In tradition, I will go over the goals of last year.

  1. Read 52 books or the same number I buy. I want to go back to reading at least a book a week as I think this is the best thing for me. I buy way more books than I read and I mostly read books I don't actually own. I just
  2. Finish 10 book series. I own a lot of full series and I just want to finish them. I'm even sitting on one book away from finishing it.
  3.  Write. I've just not been writing the way I should be. I think I've put too much pressure on myself. I just want back to aimless short stories.
  4. I would like to post weekly to this blog. This blog is sitting empty a lot of last year and I have stressed myself out to much the quality of content and this was never what this blog was for. It was for quality so I was away writing something. I need to go back to something, instead of nothing.
  5. I would like to edit the footage I'm sitting on. I have 2TB harddrive that almost full and I need to sort it because it kind silly to sit on that much raw footage as I have edit some of it and I'm never going to re-edit it. I guess its just hard to let go of your past self.
  6. I would like to push myself more in my film making. I think I have been playing it too safe and the only way to improve is to get out of my comfort zone. Take more risks. Make more I guess too.
  7. Train & regularly walk the puppy that I acquired recently. She not had all her jags yet so she can't be walked but I 'm working on her learning her name and the other basics.
  8. Start Journalling regularly again. I don't want to miss moments anymore. Even when I was blogging properly, I didn't share everything on here as something are too personal or just too weird to say on the internet where a future employers can google you and find this.
So I have missed out on sum.
1. I'm going to just do this. I'm sitting at 51 books, but should be able to finish the book I'm currently reading. But I also read IT and the House of Leaves so I'm awesome.
2. No. I finished two series this year. So eight missing...
3.I feel the need to write sometimes but no.
4. This blog was empty for a while last year. Very few new posts besides book reviews. so fail.
5. No...I did not do either. There was months of nothing.
6. I didn't really make my own film this year...I did produce a decent one.
7. Leia is a coward at 1 years old. She will walk now, instead of me have to carry/drag her along the pavement. But she will still freak out and escape her harness. She going for Walks in 2018 like a good girl.
8. I did not do this but I did it randomly for a day in December.

A very much a failure. 2018 might be better. 2017 sucked. Let's all go running.

No comments:

Post a Comment