Thursday 3 August 2017

The Reading Quest

Since I've decided to be in a constant readathon mode, I'm singing up for another one. Though this one is pretty cool. It based on video games and role playing.

#TheReadingQuest is a four week long challenge going from Sunday 13th August to Sunday 10th September, 2017 and its being ran by . There will eventually be a champion who will win a book and there also a specific Australian prize if you're located there. I'm not really in for wining (but I also love a free book). I just think this a fun idea. Here's the sign up page if you're interested.

EXP: 20
HP: 114
Level: 1









You pick a character and follow their Quest path. I have choose the Mage path, I'll probably do the Barb path if I complete the Mage despite them not touching. (This adorable art work was done by CW of Read, Think, Ponder).


TBR:
Main Quests
Mage
~A Book with a One Word Title: Girlhood by Cat Clarke, not sure if this a cheat or not but is girlhood is spelt with one word.
~A Book that Contains Magic: Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Mass. This Quest is at the same time Toppe Tomes and I was planning to read this book for that.
~A Book Based on Mythology: Antigoddess by
~A Book Set in a Different World: The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid
~The First Book of a Series: Geek Girl by Holly Smale

Knight (I change my mind about going to Bard after Mage)
~First Book in a Series:
- A Book with a Verb in the Title

- Book with a Red Cover (or red as the focal colour)
- Book with a Weapon on the Cover
- Book with a TV/Movie adaptation

Bard (in case I do get here & also likely to change).
~A Book that has a TV/film adaptation: Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
~A Fairytale Retelling: Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
~A book cover with striking typography: Who Runs the World? by
~A book translated from another language: I'm Traveling Alone by Samuel Bjork
~A banned book: There's a few I own, but one doesn't call out to me yet.

Side-Quests
~Animal Companion: Zombie Vs Unicorns by Various. How could I not choose the National Animal of my homeland. It's also on the board
I'm going leave the other sides quests to chance for now.
~Potions, book by 2+ authors: 
~Time Warp:
~Expansion:
~Multiplayer: Probably a problem here. Does a toddler count?
~Grind:
~Respawn:
~Mini game:
~Open world:
Might do videos about this as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment