Wednesday 26 August 2015

Book Review: One by Sarah Crossan

Wow, description that's not at all tasteless.

Grace and Tippi are twins – conjoined twins.
And their lives are about to change.

No longer able to afford homeschooling, they must venture into the world – a world of stares, sneers and cruelty. Will they find more than that at school? Can they find real friends? And what about love?

But what neither Grace or Tippi realises is that a heart-wrenching decision lies ahead. A decision that could tear them apart. One that will change their lives even more than they ever imagined…

This is hard book to review because I'm not sure what to say about it.

The book is told by one of the twins, Grace over several months. The writing has a poetic style. 
Sentences are 
separated by paragraphs
like this.
It was slightly jarring at first, I got use it and think it was good addiction to the story.

The characters are okay, but I think I found the concept more emotional than the characters. The exploration of love and different types of relationships were good but the characters feel like placements to me. Though, when reading the book they are fine

Overall, I give this book four out of five books for dragons. I really enjoyed...cried my eyes out reading this book.

I got this book for review off NetGalley and it is being published by Bloomsbury Children's on 27th August 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment