Sunday 10 May 2015

Bout of Books 13

I shall be participating in the Bouts of Books again (missed the last one out), a week long readathon from the 11h to the 17th May 2015.

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 11th and runs through Sunday, May 17th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 13 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

I'm just going to put my goals here.

My Goals

  • To catch on Project TBR
  • To catch up on some of my review books.

Books to Read

  • Finished the Abandon by Meg Cabot (Underworld & Awaken)
  • Night School: Legacy by C.J. Daughtery
  • While the others Sleep by Tom Becker
  • Bomb by Sarah Mussi
  • The Selection by Kiera Cass
  • Sea of Shadows by Kelley Armstrong

Time Devoted to Reading 

I plan to read 5 hours a day of the week.

Updates

Monday 11.5.2015 (wrote Tuesday, 12.5.2015, 11.11am)
What I read today: Renegade by Kerry Wilkinson
Total of books read today: 1
No. of books started today: 1
No. of pages read today: 40 pages
Books Finished: none
Thoughts: A bad start but leaves room for improvement. Push myself to do better. I did take part in today's challenge, Bookish survey by way of youtube.

Tuesday 12.5.2015 (wrote 9.39am, Wednesday 13.5.2015 )

What I read today: Renegade by Kerry Wilkinson, 
Total of books read today: 1
No. of books started today: none
No. of pages read today: 315 pages
Pages read total: 355 pages
Books Finished Today: 1
Total Books Finished: 1
Thoughts: Better but not great. I have nothing to do tomorrow really, besides writing reviews, so hopefully it will go way better. Always better.

Wednesday 13.5.2015 (wrote 12.34am, Wednesday 14.5.2015)

What I read today: Bomb by Sarah Mussi, Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead,Yes Please by Amy Poehler, 
Total of books read today: 3
No. of books started today: 3
No. of pages read today: 267 pages (Also 2:32:58 hours of audio books)
Pages read total: 622 pages
Books Finished Today: 0
Total Books Finished: 1
Thoughts: I started two audiobooks because the first one I started, messed up on my phone so I have became more invested in one over the other. Could have been better, but I am easily distracted and need a catchpharse.

Thursday 14.5.2015 (wrote 12.26am, Friday 15.5.2015)

What I read today:  Bomb by Sarah Mussi, Yes Please by Amy Poehler,
While the others Sleep by Tom Becker
Total of books read today: 3
No. of books started today: 1
No. of pages read today: 173 pages (5:06:02 hours of audio books)
Pages read total: 795 pages (7:39:00 hours of audio books)
Books Finished Today: 1

Total Books Finished: 2
Thoughts: Not a lot of pages read but look at all those hours listened. I'm probably going to move my bookcase because pain.

Friday 15.5.2015 (wrote )

What I read today: Yes Please by Amy Poehler, While the others Sleep by Tom Becker
Total of books read today: 2
No. of books started today: none
No. of pages read today: 224 pages (1:29:50 hours of audio books)
Pages read total: 1019 pages (9:13:23 hours of audio books)
Books Finished Today: 2

Total Books Finished: 4
Thoughts: I have started to move my bookcases because the mould is after the ones I love so reading has lost focus. I am tired and sad about this situation. Better is tomorrow, or ten years ago.

Saturday 16.5.2015 (wrote Sunday, 2pm)

What I read today: Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead, Underworld by Meg Cabot
Total of books read today: 2

No. of books started today: 1
No. of pages read today: 21 pages (05:37:18 hours of audio)
Pages read total: 1040 pages
Books Finished Today: 0

Total Books Finished: 4
Thoughts: Audiobooks have took over this readathon. So not much actual reading, more me listening while dying my hair so it colourfully again. Tomorrow, being the last day I should focus more on reading.

Sunday 17.5.2015 (wrote 12.36am, Monday 18.5.2015)

What I read today: Underworld by Meg Cabot
Total of books read today: 1
No. of books started today: 1
No. of pages read today: 288 pages
Pages read total: 1328 pages
Books Finished Today: 1

Total Books Finished: 5
Thoughts: I sleep till 1.30pm and repeatedly distracted by my parents. But I finished a book today so that's something.

Overall Thoughts: This is not the best readathon performance. I could have put more effect in and I guess it was alright if you consider audiobooks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment