Friday 15 August 2014

Bout of Books 11

 I shall be participating in the Bouts of Books again (missed the last one out), a week long readathon from the 18th to the 24th August 2014.

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team.


I'm just going to put my goals here.

My Goals

  • To finish reading Edinburgh International Book Festival related books.
  • To catch up on some of my review books.

Books to Read

  • The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
  • The Boy in the Smoke by Maureen Johnson
  • American Savage by Matt Whyman
  • (Finished reading) Allies & Assassins by Justin Somper

Time Devoted to Reading 

I plan to read 5 hours a day most of the week.

Updates


Monday 18.8.14 (wrote 2.46pm, Tuesday)
What I read today: Dead Ends by Erin Lange
Total of books read today: 1
No. of books started today: 0
No. of pages read today: 48 pages
Books Finished: 0
Thoughts: Today wasn't good but I was away from home for most of it so I didn't expect it to go that well away.

Tuesday 19.8.14 (wrote 12.14am, Wed. )

What I read today: Dead Ends by Erin Lange, American Savage by Matt Whyman
Total of books read today: 2
No. of books started today: 1
No. of pages read today: 362 pages
Pages read total: 410 pages
Books Finished Today: 1
Total Books Finished:1
Thoughts: Could have been better.

Wednesday 20.8.14 (wrote 1.57pm, Thursday)

What I read today: American Savage by Matt Whyman
Total of books read today: 1
No. of books started today: none
No. of pages read today: 26 pages
Pages read total: 436 pages
Books Finished Today: none
Total Books Finished:1
Thoughts: Wasted a lot of time trying to fix a printer and then family stuff. Try to make up for it tomorrow hopefully.

Thursday 21.8.14 (wrote 2.01amFriday)

What I read today: American Savage by Matt Whyman, The Boy in the Smoke by Maureen Johnson, Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Total of books read today: 3
No. of books started today: 2
No. of pages read today: 251 pages
Pages read total: 687 pages
Books Finished Today: 2

Total Books Finished: 3
Thoughts:Better, but not that great.

Friday 22.8.14 (wrote 12.25am, Saturday)

What I read today: Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo, The Witch of Duva by Leigh Bardugo, The Tailor by Leigh Bardugo, Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
Total of books read today: 2 (and things)
No. of books started today: 1 (and things)
No. of pages read today: 402 pages
Pages read total: 1089 pages
Books Finished Today: 1 (and two short things)

Total Books Finished: 4 (and things)
Thoughts: So Leigh Bardugo, hur? Better, but I need to read two novels (or the best part of them) tomorrow to meet my goals. I actually finished reading Shadow and Bones whilst walking a dirt road.

Saturday 23.8.14 (wrote 12.40am)

What I read today: Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo, Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
Total of books read today: 2
No. of books started today: 1
No. of pages read today: 408 pages
Pages read total: 1497 pages
Books Finished Today: 1
Total Books Finished: 5 (and 2 things)
Thoughts: Good, I guess. I walked an hour and forty-five minutes. I probably got more walking and reading done if I had separated that time doing them separately, but I get bored walking and restless reading. My thumb hurts. Annoyed with myself that I didn't spend all my free time reading today though.

Sunday 24.8.14 (wrote )

What I read today: The Too-Clever Fox by Leigh Bardugo, Little Knife by Leigh Bardugo
Total of books read today: (2 things)
No. of books started today: (2 things)
No. of pages read today: 64 pages
Pages read total: 1561 pages
Books Finished Today: (2 things)

Total Books Finished: 5 (and 4 things)
Thoughts: I went to a book festival and didn't read anything on the way up and down.

Overall Thoughts: It was alright. Not that great really. 

4 comments:

  1. The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo - I haven't even started the series yet and I have all of them. I'm always like 15 books behind sometimes. I think it's because I'm trying to play catch up from other books from years ago when I was in college. It happens! But have fun and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Grisha trilogy is on my wish list! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with all your goals, Rachel - hope you manage to finish all your books.

    Here's what I'll be reading next week
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to finish some review books this week as well! Good luck with this read-a-thon and have fun :)

    ReplyDelete