Wednesday 7 May 2014

Book Review: Above by Isla Morley

Well, way to be depressing.

Blythe, a sixteen-year-old Kansas schoolgirl is abducted and kept in an abandoned silo by a survivalist, who is convinced that the world is about to end. A chilling novel of survival and hope and heart-stopping plot twists.

This book is separated into two parts. Below and Above. Below is fine, good, you know with the plot and content. As I started reading Above, I was just no. That's not what I want at all. I actually stop and had fo myself into reading the second part.

The big twist thing, that I didn't see quite coming and did cause some actual shock. I just didn't like it because it made the first part seem rather pointless. There was no overshadowing and the time scale seems whack.

Overall, I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars for stolen children. It mostly just big depressing scenes. It bit too much "You think things are bad but wait?". The writing was pretty, but the second part just wasn't for me.

I requested this off Netgalley for review. Published by Two Roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment