Saturday 24 November 2012

The Possible Reason Behind my Book Sprees

I had realisation last night while watching Booktube videos.

I buy books out stress and avoidance.

During my exam study leave, I spent a good lot of my time on ebay looking for cheap/collections of Point Horrors. I did want those books, but I should have seriously been studying for my exams (which I now know to have been pointless).

This past month I have had this sort of panic about my life. I know what I want to do. I want to be a writer. But I know, well I'm not big headed to think that I'll be set for life if  I manage to become published. It would be lovely to be able to live off my writing.

Back to the point of the Sprees.

While I love books, I can be rather irresponsible with my buying. I've picked books over food.I also bluntly have lots of books of different genres, frankly I probably have more YA than my local library, in theory I don't need anymore books.

I just love books. I like being around them. Even not reading them they're something nice about just being around a large number of books. They're a comfort.

Books allowed you to escape your problems by hearing about someone elses and how they solve/deal with them.

And for what ever reason just hearing about and acquiring books makes me feel better. I didn't even notice it till now.

Yeah, that one theory as to why I've bought so many this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment