Saturday 2 June 2012

The Writer's Version of Camping

Yesterday was the start of June, the Scottish weather is back to normal with the sun hiding; the midges have awoken and once more have began to slowly eat the Scottish population; Oh and the sun burn remains. So basically itching all the time and still being woke up from being too hot still.

Most importantly though, yesterday also meant the start of the first session of Camp NaNoWriMo (of the year); I'm just one of the many attempting this challenge. I've been wanting to do NaNoWriMo since I heard about it, which was about this time last year. I read about it creeping about the late Inkpop's forms. I didn't know about the Camp that year and sadly I was too busy to do it last November because I was basically failing an important subject which will remain nameless and failed.

In case, you're unaware of the concept of NaNoWriMo (if not skipped to the next paragraph ;]); it basically where you try to write 50000 words in 30 days or a month as 30 days is sometimes known. NaNoWriMo is officially in November and Camp NaNoWriMo just means you do it in the summer during June or August 
(or if you're like me; both).

I debated what idea to use for my month novel for the past few months before finally centrally on using idea that had been playing on my mind for years, since I was 15 to be precise. I had actually started writing this idea, but looking over it, it an example of how bad my writing used to be. The whole thing need to be rewritten and I've reshaped some vital points as well so far, such as when one of the important characters is
introduced. I actually first got the idea from a English Stand Grade Personal writing past paper. The idea was to write a short story to go with the Title "The Stranger". This will play an important part in novel, my original idea might even be expanded. We just see how it goes.

As for August book, will be a completely undone idea. I might use one of my old plans that never actually got around to using or my most recent ideas of a sort of Queen (the band) inspired novel or finally let that horror theme park of my dreams have full ran of my conscious mind. Still have two months to decided. I'm semi worried about this one, as I'll be starting College at the end of August *Gulps*.

So far I'm doing well and have a clear idea where "The Stranger" is going. I obviously need to write at least to write 1667 words a day to keep the goal, but my personal goal is at least 2000 words a day. In the one day, I've kept this goal. Obviously, I can't just go and abandoned my other goals and commitments.

Speaking of which, I have to finish this week's book and take care of a family book case that badly needs organising (something I've decided to do unprovoked).

 Wish me luck.
P.S. Heres my profile encase you're interested:  http://campnanowrimo.org/campers/phoenixangel

No comments:

Post a Comment